International Students Program
North Geelong Secondary College’s International Students Program – English
To view in Chinese, click here
North Geelong Secondary College is a multicultural,
co-educational Year 7-12 campus located in the northern suburbs of the City of Greater Geelong.
The College provides high quality education in a safe, supportive and challenging learning environment that enables all students to do their personal best. Students develop knowledge, skills, capabilities and personal characteristics that provide the foundation to optimise opportunities in academic, vocational, personal, physical and social aspects of their lives.
We value the cultural diversity of our student population and believe that all students, regardless of their abilities, needs and backgrounds, should be actively supported in achieving their personal best. The College promotes the values of Respect, Excellence, Achievement and Diversity and it upholds the belief that every student can succeed. A positive and responsible approach towards education fosters exemplary life at North Geelong Secondary College.
A highly disciplined and collaborative work ethic among staff, students and the wider community, supports each student’s quest for academic success and solid career pathways.
A structured orientation program, including additional after school tutorials in English, assists our international students to adapt to their new educational environment and life in Australia.
Our Director of the International Students Program closely monitors the academic progress and welfare of the international students and maintains regular contact with parents and guardians.
International students at North Geelong Secondary College have access to:
- A comprehensive orientation program
- On site English Language Centre
- Personal assistance and support from the Director of International Students Program
- Personal Welfare Counsellors
- Course and career counselling
- Broad multicultural experience amongst staff and students
- Excellent location close to efficient public transport to Geelong City and North Geelong train stations
- Excellent facilities with access for all students e.g. computers, Library, arts and sports. These facilities are open before, during and after school
- Organised study skills program
- Ongoing wellbeing support
Before commencing their regular subject studies, international students may undertake an intensive English language program for at least 2 terms at the College’s English Language Centre.
The benefits of attending our English Language Centre include the following:
- Greater and faster opportunities for development of student proficiency in English and their understanding of the Australian school environment
- Interaction with local students and participation in College activities
- A safe and secure learning environment
- On site comprehensive English as an Additional Language (EAL) program at all year levels
- Student health and wellbeing is monitored by the Director of International Students Program
- Smooth transition when students are ready to commence mainstream subject studies
- Education Department accredited Select Entry Academic Achievers Program (SEAAP) into which ALL NGSC enrolled students can apply
- Extensive College wide iPad/Information Technology Program
- Extra curricular Human Powered Vehicle (HPV) Program which is available to all year levels
- Highly regarded Student Leadership Programs
- Extensive VCE and VCAL programs
- Wide range of VET subjects offered on and off site (transport available)
- Numerous camps and excursions offered at all year levels
- After school homework club
- Broad range of lunch time activities
- Expansive music program
- All encompassing Performing Arts program which is highlighted by the annual College production
- The College also competes in a wide variety of interschool sports
- International students find it easy to create friendships and fit into our multicultural school
- Nearly forty years of supporting students of various cultural backgrounds with their education, highlighted by one of its four key values of DIVERSITY.
- College openly celebrates its multicultural background and encourages students to share their cultural experiences through various college activities
- Whole school, sub school and year level functions
- Excellent VCE results
- Participation in state, national and international academic competitions
- Specific EAL curriculum programs that have been extensively refined over the years to ensure maximum learning for the College’s EAL students
- Students will have access to the Australian Academic Research Network (AARNet), Australia’s leading online digital platform with data speeds up to 1Gbps
- Large updated well-resourced library
- Large modern gym/activities centre
- Contemporary ICT centre
- All classrooms are supported with interactive whiteboards or SMART TVs
- Modern Arts and Technology centre
- Performing Arts Centre
- Year 12 study centre and common room
- Modern science wing
- Ceramics and Arts studio
- Landscaped gardens
- Modern canteen with an extensive menu that caters for a broad range of diets
- Four tennis courts, two full basketball courts and one half outdoor basketball court
- Football oval and two soccer pitches
- Synthetic soccer pitch, netball court and basketball court
- Recently updated food technology centre
- Covered outdoor piazza with a brand new BBQ and wood fired pizza area
Read what some of our current International Students have to say about their time at North Geelong Secondary College and living in the Geelong area.
North Geelong Secondary College’s International Students Program – Chinese
To learn more about being an International Student in a Victorian Government School, including application forms and information about fees, please contact the International Student Program (details to the right of the screen).
Please contact North Geelong Secondary College if you would like more information about our education programs or about enrolling your child at North Geelong Secondary College.
Director of the International Students Program
Provider name: Department of Education & Training, Victoria
CRICOS Registration – 00861K
Provider Name: Department of Education and Training, Victoria
CRICOS Registration: 00861K
North Geelong Secondary College
130 Separation Street,
North Geelong, 3215
03 5240 5800
03 5272 1756
130 Separation Street,
03 5272 1756
03 5240 5899